Procedure for entry
- The Grand Lodge will be held in the Grand Lodge Room only at the Sydney Masonic Centre with video links to regional Centres;
- The Grand Lodge and regional Centres will not open until 6.15 pm for admission of Brethren – NO EXCEPTIONS;
- The regional Centres are: Ambarvale (Campbelltown), Ballina, Bega, Blacktown, Broken Hill, Coffs Harbour, Dubbo, Glen Innes, Gosford, Gwynneville (Wollongong), Kelso (Bathurst), Mawson (Canberra), Moree, , Nowra, Parkes, Tamworth, Taree, Turramurra, Tweed Heads, Wagga Wagga and Wallsend (Newcastle) and Young.
- A Porch Committee will be on duty at the Sydney Masonic Centre and all regional Centres to oversee the admission of all masons and the distribution of Ballot Papers;
- With the exception of Grand Lodge Officers dressed in appropriate regalia, ALL Brethren may be asked to offer proof that they hold the Rank of MM;
- Every Brother found qualified to vote will be given appropriate Ballot Papers;
- Ballot Papers will not be permitted outside any rooms so any Brother wishing to retire before the opening of Grand Lodge must return his Ballot Paper to the Porch Committee and receive it back on his return.
There is no charge to attend the Communication in any any venue, but booking is required. All bookings will be handled by Eventbrite as an invitaion only event, and you will receive an email with your personal invitation.
Sydney Masonic Centre - Dinner Suit, Summer Dress or Dark Lounge Suit (for those lodges permitted) and regalia. Alternate dress prescribed for hot or oppressive summer conditions is not permitted.
Brethren attending all other Centres may be permitted to wear smart casual attire and regalia.
All Past Grand Lodge Officers, members of Grand Lodge and brethren attending as observers are requested to be seated by 7:15pm as the Grand Master will enter the Grand Lodge Room at 7:30pm precisely.
Please note that the Grand Lodge Room has a capacity of 600 persons max. If you are able to attend a regional Centre, we encourage brethren to do so.
No Communication Dinner
Brethren will be advised that there will be no Communication Dinner at the Sydney Masonic Centre.
Dinner arrangements for the regional Centres are specific to each venue. Please contact your RGC for information about your local polling place.
Grand Master’s Delegation
On entry to Grand Lodge, the Grand Master’s delegation will be limited to the Deputy Grand Master, Assistant Grand Master, Ceremonial Grand Lodge Officers and Regional Grand Counsellors.
On retiring, the delegation shall consist only of those brethren nominated by the Grand Director of Ceremonies.
The Grand Master extends an invitation for any interested brethren, who are not members of Grand Lodge, to attend as ‘observers’. Brethren attending as observers are not entitled to vote on matters being considered by Grand Lodge.
Parking in the Masonic Centre is ONLY available to the GM, PGM’s, DGM and AGM.
Parking is available at the car park in Goulburn Street at flat night rate of $10.00 per vehicle when entering after 5pm and leaving before 6am the next day.